Wednesday, May 30, 2012

How to Best Walmart at their Own Game

So, here I am at Walmart getting ready to buy some detergent, dryer sheets and get coins to do my laundry ... but wait.  Let me not get ahead of myself, let me start at the beginning.

For the last 3 days, Israel and I have been staying at the Courtyard Marriott Hotel, on Congress, in Boynton Beach, where their motto is "wandering encouraged" and I felt as if I have arrived at home.  Their hospitality is amazing and their service more so.  We only intended to spend one night, since we are transitioning, relocating and trying to purchase a home.  Oh yes, we are seriously involved.  :)

As I am heading out trying to catch a few errands, while allowing Israel to get a few extra minutes of well deserved sleep; I ask the attendant about Laundry Services.  At least that is what I thought I was asking.  He interpreted my question as "where is the Laundry Room" and instructed me to the "Laundry Room" where you can do your own Laundry!!!   I know, I am getting excited about Laundry!!!!  :)

Anyway, here is the kicker and the reason for this blog.  So, I run, no drive to Walmart on Old Boynton Road, and get a few things along with Detergent, ect., ect. ect.   No cashiers.  Only the automatic self serving machines.  Which is fine, only I needed change for the washing machines.

I see whom looked like a Floor Manager and asked,  "I don't mind using these machines, but I also need change to do laundry.  Can you help me with that?"

To which she replied, "we don't give change."  I was like, "go figure.  It couldn't have been that easy. " And then bang, it hit me like a lighting bolt.  I answered, "You know what?  There is more than one way to skin a cat!"  "I will pay each item individually and get my change like that!!!"

And that is what I did.  And that is how I got my change.  Without going crazy, losing my temper nor going to jail.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment