Wednesday, March 2, 2011

X Y Factor

It's been a long time since I attended Biology in High School, but how many of you remember when they were explaining the properties of the X and Y chromosomes?   I have an interesting theory which I hope is uniquely mine, but who knows, I have been proven wrong, once or twice in my lifetime!!

The X chromosome is one of two sex chromosomes inherited from the parent to its offspring .  Both genders can inherit this chromosome from either parent.  By contrast, the Y chromosome belongs exclusively to the male line.  Meaning only males can pass this gene to their male offspring.

Becoming a female requires two X chromosomes, becoming a male requires one X and one Y chromosome.  Being the eccentric feminist that I am, I have concluded that the Y chromosome is just a variant of an X chromosome.  Meaning, the Y chromosome is deficient in its genetic information.  If you truly look at it, a Y is really an X with a missing "leg", therefore, men have some genetic information missing.  Yes ladies and gentlemen, I am theorizing that women are superior to men!

We get two perfect XX chromosomes, while males are stuck with only one perfect X chromosome.  If you really think about it, it explains a lot.  It explains why they tend to be selfish, egotistical, violent, easily distracted, irresponsible, intolerant to pain and just plain smelly.  Don't get me wrong, I like men well enough, I just happen to think females are fabulous.

I hope with this new found information women will now, once and for all,  come to the conclusion that men will never truly understand them.  A lucky few, will find that rare elusive gem, that will only "go with the flow" in the hopes of living a semi-happy life.  But true understanding of what a woman is all about can only be achieved by another woman.  It's in the genes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment