Saturday, March 19, 2011

Listen to Your Cat!

When I met my significant other, Scott (I can't bring myself to say "boyfriend" since we are both almost middle aged),  I was brought into the fascinating feline world.  Maverick is beautiful smokey gray, 10 year old,  mild mannered male Tabby.

Don't get me wrong, he has his moments.  Like when we introduced him to our Maltese/Terrier mixed dog Sparky.  He is not acclimating well and refuses to play nice.  Or when he does not wish to be held.  Good luck with trying to keep him in your arms!  But for better or worst, we are a family and somehow we will all get along, eventually.

Maverick is quite a character.  Once in a while he remembers that he loves something else other than his catnip and climbs into bed with us.  Normally he is quite a loner, preferring to spend most of his day sitting by a window watching the day go by, this was part of the reason we decided to get a second pet.  One who would interact more with me during the day.

Oddly enough on several occasions when Scott and I have gone to sleep, not entirely happy with one another, Maverick jumps on the bed in the middle of the night and wakes us up by bumping our heads with his, and caressing our faces.  He especially likes it when his daddy has a little stubble on his face.  I have come to the conclusion that he wakes us up, so that we can make up.  It's totally within my nature to come up with such a conclusion, I like to find any occasion to get my freak on.  "Listen to your cat," I have told Scott, "he has a lot of common sense."

Scott just laughs and marvels at the many creative ways I come up with to try and entice him that it's time to make love.  He is a lot more conservative than I, hell, that's a flat out lie, I'm not conservative at all.  I have no problem with discussing, practicing, enjoying, exploring sex in all its forms.  Just so happens that my newest ploy is to implicate his beloved Maverick, to my advantage, of course.

I believe all couples have their own secret language when it comes to letting each other know when they wish to be intimate.  Some are more outspoken than others.  Some more discrete.  Me?  I added a new phrase to an already long list of private communication between me and my partner.  "Listen to your cat!" now has a whole new delicious meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment